Segments are a useful tool for defining groups of people based on certain criteria. You can use these groups to target specific audiences for Leaderboards, Content Emails, and Messages. If you need to change who's in one of these groups, you can easily update the Segment without having to create a new Segment.
This article will guide you through how to modify existing Segments.
Once a Segment is created, a snapshot will be visible and will display the following.
- Segment title.
- Total people in the Segment.
- Total registered users in the Segment.
- Total people that are unregistered and whose emails are in an uploaded CSV.
- Set user criteria.
Edit a Segment
Changes can be made to active and inactive Segments.
- Go to Admin.
- Select Settings > Segments.
- Click Edit.
- Update the Segment, clicking Done to save each filter after it's edited.
- Click Done to finalize edits.
Edit a Segment's CSV file
Segments can have a single CSV uploaded, but CSVs can not be removed once they are uploaded. The only way to change information or remove a CSV, is to upload a new CSV with the information you'd like to have on it.
If you want to remove the CSV entirely, upload a CSV with the row "emails" and no emails listed.
Inactivate a Segment