Create Engageable Posts to Drive Engagement on Social
Engageable posts are ideal to expand a brand’s advocacy program because they encourage audiences to interact with content directly on social media posts, which increases visibility and virality chances.
In this article, we’ll go over how engageable posts work, how to create them, and best practices. Let’s get started!
🔸 This is accessible to all roles and permission levels.
🔹 This is available on all plans.
How it works
Engageable posts are link posts where the link goes to a social network’s post. EveryoneSocial recognizes the social network and adds a call-to-action button that encourages your team to engage directly with the original post. For example, if content is performing well on TikTok, copy the link to the TikTok video and create a post on EveryoneSocial to encourage your team to interact with the original post–thus increasing the content’s visibility on the platform.
🔹 Engage buttons are considered Post CTAs and can be managed in Admin Settings.
Engageable posts work well for the following.
- Increasing content visibility on a social network.
- Improving social engagement and networking opportunities.
- Driving post popularity.
- Sharing content that your team should interact publicly with.
Encouraging engagement on posts
One way to drive engagement is to share an engageable post and provide your team with specific actions on how they can engage with that content. Here are some examples of how to encourage engagement.
- Like, love, react to the post. These are great ways for the team to quickly engage with the content and it shares the content on their social connections' timeline.
- Share or repost content. Similar to the above point, this is a way to quickly engage with the content; however, you’ll want to provide your team with a conversation prompts for the share. For example, your teammate shares a post about an open job position for a team they manage. Create an engageable post that goes to the hiring teammate’s social post. Encourage your team to share it while highlighting the advantages of working in that role or under that manager to their connections.
- Engage your team by encouraging them to comment on the post, AND offer them conversation prompts for their responses. For instance, if a partner shares news about an upcoming webinar or event featuring one of your team members, provide your team with a suggestion like, “Excited for this event! ‘Name’ has always helped me with ‘insert topic or pain point’ and I’m confident they are going to deliver valuable insights to help you do the same.”
- Content stitching is effective for video content where a thought or expression is expanded by taking the original content and stitching content to the end of the original content, while giving credit for the original creator. This is great when the original content asks a question, can be reacted to, sparks a challenge, can have another creator add their spin on it, and so much more.
🔸 Social networks have many ways audiences can interact with content. Be sure to personalize requests for each network, based on how the actions are known to increase visibility and awareness. Check out our social sharing articles if you’d like to know more about a particular network’s engagement practices.
Compose an engageable post
Copy the link to a public social media post before taking the following steps.
- Click Compose > Internal Post.
- Select a Group.
- Choose Link Post and add internal commentary.
- Paste the social media post’s URL.
- Ensure Engageable is checked.
🔸 Uncheck Allow Sharing for a clear call to action.
- Toggle on post settings.
- Click Post.
The published post will have an Engage button to go to the social media post to engage with the content.